Sunday, November 18, 2012

Where do you stash your comics?

Even though I have been a horror nerd for years I am still new to comics. I have navigated my way through the comic world with the help of my fellow nerds and I have read some amazing comics and some not so amazing ones too. I generally purchase my comics from my local comic store, but its a small store and doesn't have a lot of variety for readers like me that don't typically read the big 2 publishes (Marvel/DC). So, for some trades I purchase them through Amazon and now that I have an iPad I have been using comixology, which I had my reservations about digital comics, but I have enjoyed using the app.

I think the one thing that has helped me the most in my travels through the land of comics is using stashmycomics.com. I have been able to log and categorize all my comics and keep track of all the issues and trades I have read. It is also helpful dealing with certain comics that have several different covers. You can create your own stash lists however you would like by title, publisher, writer or artist. You can also create wish lists, post on the forums, listen to their podcast and more. You can even see other comic book readers stashes. For me, my favorite part is the ability to view my stash as a gallery view. Because I can remember a cover better than the number of the issue. Between my awesome nerdy friends and stashmycomics I am getting the hang of comic book reading. ~Spaced

No comments:

Post a Comment