Friday, December 14, 2012

Vacancy at the Bates Motel


Norman Bates and his lovely mother have a vacancy for you at the Bates Motel. A&E has developed the Bates Motel, which is the prequel to Alfred Hitchcock's classic Psycho.  It is a contemporary telling that doesn't solely focus on Norman and his mother, but also the town they live in and the secrets it holds.

When most horror fans do a collective "eye roll" when prequel and remake are attached to a classic film I really do have high hopes for this series. Unlike American Horror Story that relies on a "shock and awe" format instead of good story telling I would like to see this series focus on character development and not fall into the typical horror cliques. I really do want to see more successful horror television shows and I do hope with the great casting of Vera Farmiga (Orphan) as Norma Bates and Freddie Highmore (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) as Norman Bates with a combination of great story telling and a network that is open horror I am hoping there is a room here I will want to rent for the season. ~ Spaced

No comments:

Post a Comment